Spinach-Onion Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
I knew this spinach salad was something special when my picky husband asked for seconds! The sweet-tart bacon dressing with a hint of honey is a real treat. Leigh Gallagher, Austin, WA
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 Wright® Brand Bacon strips, chopped
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1 medium red onion, chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and half of the onion over medium heat
- until bacon is crisp. Stir in the vinegar, honey, salt and pepper;
- heat through. Transfer to a small bowl; gradually whisk in oil.
- Place spinach in a large bowl. Drizzle warm dressing over spinach and
- toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining onion. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 216 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 341 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.