Imagine homemade noodles that are green! Bernice Smith from Sturgeon Lake, Minnesota reports, "This easy recipe gives 'from scratch' satisfaction even if you've never made noodles."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a blender or food processor, combine spinach, eggs and salt;
- process until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Gradually add enough flour
- to make a firm, but not sticky, dough.
- On a floured surface, knead about 20 times. Wrap in plastic wrap and
- let rest 30 minutes. Divide dough in half. On a floured surface,
- roll each half to 1/16-in. thickness. Roll up jelly-roll style and
- cut into 1/4-in. slices. Separate the slices and let rest on a clean
- towel for at least 1 hour. Cook noodles in boiling salted water
- until tender, about 15-20 minutes; drain. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 188 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.