Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl
"We often get together with friends," says Janelle Lee, field editor from Appleton, Wisconsin. "I like to prepare this creamy dip. It's a crowd-pleaser."
10-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 round loaf of bread (1 pound)
- Raw vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients. Chill for at least 1
- hour. Cut a 1-1/2-in. slice off the top of the loaf; set aside.
- Hollow out the bottom part, leaving a thick shell. Cut or tear the
- slice from the top of the loaf and the bread from inside into
- bite-size pieces.
- Fill the shell with dip; set on a large platter. Arrange the bread
- pieces and vegetables around it and serve immediately. Yield: 10-15
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 161 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 571 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.