Spinach Dip in Red Cabbage
A hollowed out cabbage makes a bright serving piece for this creamy spinach dip. “I found the recipe in a cookbook, and I receive many compliments whenever I serve it to company,” shares Patricia Johnson of Kingfield, Maine.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 large head red cabbage
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- Gently peel back outer leaves of cabbage. Slice 1/2 in. from bottom
- of cabbage so it sits flat. Cut a 3-in. circle in the top of the
- cabbage; hollow out a third of the cabbage to form a bowl (save
- removed cabbage for another use).
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise, onions,
- parsley, lemon juice and dill. Spoon into cabbage bowl just before
- serving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2 tablespoons (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 38 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.