Spinach Crumb Casserole
"Even people who say they don't like spinach ask for the recipe for this cheesy vegetable bake," says Dorothy Tobison of Coleman, Wisconsin. And at 39¢ a serving, the savory side dish is as inexpensive as it is popular.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, eggs, milk, cheese, onion and
- salt. Pour into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Combine bread crumbs
- and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out
- clean. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 188 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 131 mg cholesterol, 666 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.