Spinach Beef Salad
Refreshing cucumber, garlic and jalapeno pepper give this entree salad its flair. I like to heat up the tangy ginger-lime dressing a bit before tossing it with the greens.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint or 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the
- beef, jalapeno and garlic until beef reaches desired doneness.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the red pepper and cucumber.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce,
- basil, mint and ginger. Place the spinach in a large bowl; add beef
- mixture and dressing. Toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 cups equals 136 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,