Spinach Beef Bake
"Everyone loves the mild flavor and cheesy topping of this crowd-pleasing casserole," says LaVerne Schultz of Greenfield, Wisconsin. "I usually round out this hearty meal with a tossed salad or applesauce."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef; drain. Add mushroom, onion, garlic,
- oregano, salt and pepper. Add spinach, soup, sour cream and rice;
- mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella
- cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until the
- rice is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 342 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 835 mg sodium,