Spinach Bacon Quiche
"This versatile dish fits nicely into a menu for brunch or supper," informs Lois Sundheim of Fairview, Montana. Her colorful pie slices easily.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; whisk in milk, 1 cup cheese, onion,
- bacon, salt, mustard and paprika. Add spinach. Pour into pie shell.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes
- or until a knife inserted halfway between the center and the edge
- comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 383 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 188 mg cholesterol, 656 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.