Spinach Almond Salad
“I’m asked for the recipe every time I serve this salad. It’s just lovely.” —Jennie Richards, Riverton, Utah
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 large tart apples, thinly sliced
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a blender,
- combine the sugar, vinegar, onion and salt; cover and process until
- blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 284 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.