- steak with 2 tablespoons flour, salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown steak in oil; drain. Transfer to an oval
- 6-qt. slow cooker. Combine the broth, Worcestershire sauce and
- tomato paste; pour over steak. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- or until beef is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking
- juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil.
- Combine remaining flour and wine until smooth. Gradually stir into
- the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve with sliced beef and noodles if desired. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice with 3 tablespoons gravy (calculated without noodles) equals 372 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 839 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.