The trick to this tempting treat is pulling a toothpick through rings of melted chocolate to create the web effect. "This no-bake cream cheese pie goes together quickly and tastes delicious," assures Jan White, Plainview, Nebraska. "It's fun to serve, too, because it never fails to draw comments."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (8 or 9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water; let stand for 1
- minute. Heat gelatin; stir until dissolved. Remove from the heat;
- cool slightly. In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until
- smooth. Gradually beat in cream, vanilla and gelatin mixture until
- smooth. Pour into crust.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- Transfer to a heavy-duty resealable bag; cut a small hole in a
- corner of bag. Pipe a circle of chocolate in center of cheesecake.
- Pipe evenly spaced thin concentric circles about 1/2 in. apart over
- filling. Beginning with the center circle, gently pull a toothpick
- through circles toward outer edge. Wipe toothpick clean. Repeat to
- complete web pattern. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
- before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.