Spicy Tomato Steak
My family loves this spicy tomato dish. I came up with the recipe about 25 years ago, after eating a similar dish on vacation in New Mexico.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top round steak, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, salt and pepper; toss with beef.
- Cover and marinate for 30 minutes; drain.
- Place flour in a bowl; add beef and toss to coat. In a skillet, cook
- beef in oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Add
- remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until
- the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/6 recipe equals 195 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber,