Spicy Seasoned Chicken
Seasoned with a zesty combination of garlic and chili powders and cumin, this specialty from our Test Kitchen cam be used as a fabulous filling for tacos, burritos and more.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced ripe olives, shredded lettuce, sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, cumin, garlic powder, chili
- powder and salt in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with
- flour tortillas. Serve with toppings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (calculated without optional toppings) equals 305 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 606 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.