Spicy Sausage Cheese Puffs
"I've been cooking ever since I was 11 years old, and I still enjoy trying new recipes," relates Tammy Utter of Purdy, Missouri. These tasty bites boast spicy pork sausage, green chilies and sharp cheddar cheese and make a sensational appetizer or swift snack.
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1/4 pound spicy bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies, drained
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain and cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese. Stir in the sausage, water
- and chilies.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on well-greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 pieces) equals 28 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.