Spicy Sausage Casserole
My family loves to sleep in on weekends, so they convinced me to serve brunch instead of breakfast. But it seems whenever the aroma of this dish fills the house, they wake up a little earlier!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 pound bulk Johnsonville® Ground Sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cooked broccoli
- In a 2-qt. casserole, layer rice, sausage, water chestnuts, 1 cup
- cheese, broccoli and then remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at
- 375° for 30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 380 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 578 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.