Spicy Salmon Kabobs
I first prepared these kabobs for a team of archaeologists excavating a site in the Aleutian Islands. We used fresh sockeye salmon, but other varieties of salmon work well, too. —Terri Mach, Homer, Alaska
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds salmon fillets, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Place the salmon in a large resealable plastic bag. Combine the
- remaining ingredients; sprinkle over salmon. Seal bag and toss to
- coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Thread the salmon onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill,
- covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6
- minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 223 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium,