Spicy Roast Beef Sandwiches
Jalapenos add zip to this quick-to-assemble combo of roast beef and cheese from Shirley Wayne. "It's a good hot sandwich to eat in the car or take to sporting events," writes the Laguna Woods, California cook.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 kaiser rolls, split
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons canned diced jalapeno pepper
- Spread butter over the cut sides of rolls. Layer the beef, cheese and
- peppers on the bottom halves; replace tops. Wrap each sandwich in
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15
- minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 482 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 2,123 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.