Spicy Pumpkin Spread
"I love pumpkin pie and bread, but as a diabetic, I can't have the sugar," explains Rita Barnes of Fort Dodge, Iowa. "This spread has the same spicy pumpkin flavor, so it's a good alternative."
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/4 cups cold apple juice
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Bagels or toast
- In a bowl, combine apple juice and dry pudding mix. Beat on low speed
- for 2 minutes. Stir in pumpkin and pie spice. Let stand for 5
- minutes. Serve on bagels or toast. Store in the refrigerator up to 3
- days. Yield: about 3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One 2-tablespoon serving (prepared with sugar-free pudding mix and unsweetened apple juice; calculated without bread) equals 22 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 167 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: Free Food.