Spicy Potato Soup
This recipe originally came courtesy of my sister-in-law, who is from Mexico. But since she prefers her foods much spicier that we do, I've cut back on the "heat" by reducing the amount of hot pepper sauce. Audrey Wall, Industry, Pennsylvania
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour 5 min.
- In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Add the potatoes, onion and tomato sauce. Stir in the
- water, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat and simmer for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender and the
- soup has thickened. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 159 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.