- beans, paprika, pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring
- occasionally. Stir in the cilantro; keep warm.
- Shred pork with two forks; keep warm. In a large skillet, fry
- tortillas, one at a time, in remaining oil for 2 minutes on each
- side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Place tortillas on serving plates; top with shredded pork, onion
- mixture and cheese. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 tostada equals 407 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.