Spicy Pork Roast
I work in a kitchen preparing lunch for the students at a small private school. I enjoy cooking and entertaining friends and family. My husband and I often cook the meals together for these gatherings.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling Bake: 2-1/4 hours + standing
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- Combine the first eight ingredients; rub over entire roast. Cover and
- refrigerate overnight. Place roast on a greased rack in a roasting
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 176 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 512 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.