When I allow myself to indulge in a snack, I make this spicy popcorn. One batch doesn't last long at our house. You can add more or less red pepper flakes to suit your family's taste.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the butter,
- paprika, cumin and red pepper flakes. Pour over popcorn; toss to
- coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss again. Yield: 10
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 204 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 337 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.