It’s always nice to have something simple for guests to nibble on while mingling. These special peanuts are just the thing. Crushed red pepper flakes and chili powder turn up the heat on this classic party fare.Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 can (12-1/2 ounces) Spanish peanuts (skin on)
- 1 can (12 ounces) salted peanuts
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large heavy skillet, heat oil and pepper flakes over medium heat
- for 1 minute. Add peanuts and garlic. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes
- or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with chili powder and salt; toss
- to coat. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield:
- 4-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 cup equals 246 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein.