Spicy Nacho Bake
I made this hearty, layered Southwestern casserole for a dinner meeting once, and now, I'm asked to bring it every time we have a potluck. Everybody loves the ground beef and bean filling, and crunchy, cheesy topping. —Anita Wilson, Mansfield, Ohio
30 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 20 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning
- 2 packages (13 ounces each) spicy nacho-flavored tortilla chips
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onions and green peppers over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes,
- beans, corn, tomato sauce and taco seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes (mixture will be
- In each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes, layer 5 cups of
- chips and 4-2/3 cups of meat mixture. Repeat layers. Top each with 4
- cups of chips and 2 cups of cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 2 casseroles (15 servings each).