Spicy Meat Loaf
This is not your typical meat loaf! The green chili salsa really gives it some zip, and the pork sausage combined with the beef adds variety. Meat loaves of all kinds are a favorite around here.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup green or red chili salsa
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- Additional salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, salsa and bread crumbs. Crumble
- beef and sausage over mixture and mix well. Press into an ungreased
- 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until no pink remains and
- a thermometer reads 160°; drain. Top with additional salsa if
- desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 249 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 408 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.