Spicy Chicken Tenders
These quick chicken bites from Carol Dodds in Aurora, Ontario are moist, delicious and boast traditional East Indian flavors of cinnamon, ginger and curry. “I serve this simple dish with rice and veggies for a great meal,” says Carol.
TIP: Warm up your next fall gathering with Carol's Spicy Chicken Tenders for appetizers. Simply double the recipe and serve with fancy party picks.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon each ground turmeric, ginger and cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 pound chicken tenderloins
- In a small bowl, combine water and seasonings; brush over both sides
- of chicken tenders. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; seal
- bag and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4
- in. from the heat for 3 minutes on each side or until meat is no
- longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3 ounces cooked chicken equals 108 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 343 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.