Spicy Chicken Enchiladas
Cooked chicken strips and canned enchilada sauce hurry along this zesty entree from Amy Dando. "I came up with it shortly after I got married," notes the Endicott, New York reader. "It's a delicious dinner for two that's easy to double for company."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup refried beans
- 4 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Chopped tomato and shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup
- enchilada sauce. Spread 1/4 cup refried beans down the center of
- each tortilla. Top with chicken mixture; roll up.
- Place in two ungreased small baking dishes. Top with the remaining
- enchilada sauce and cheese; sprinkle with olives.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
- Garnish with tomato and lettuce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 pieces) equals 821 calories, 42 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 156 mg cholesterol, 2,399 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 53 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.