“These seasoned nuts are so good, it’s hard to stop eating them,” reports Jean Voan of Shepherd, Texas. “I made them for gift baskets and got many compliments. They are perfect for the holidays but delicious to munch anytime.” TIP: Package a batch in a festive tin to give as a hostess gift.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) salted cashews
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, saute cashews in butter and oil for 4-5 minutes
- or until golden brown. Spread on a paper towel-lined baking sheet;
- let stand for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with
- salt, chili powder and pepper flakes; toss to coat. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 273 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 425 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.