Spicy Cabbage Casserole
This is a deliciously different main course to serve for a large crowd and so easy to prepare. Best of all, you can put it in the oven and forget about it!
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 small head cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients well. Pour into a small covered
- roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours without lifting the
- lid. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 321 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,712 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 13 g protein.