Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wraps
This recipe has a real kick and is one of my husband's favorites. It's ready in a flash, is easily doubled and it's the closest thing to restaurant buffalo wings I've ever tasted in a "light" version. If you don't like blue cheese, substitute reduced-fat cheddar. —Jennifer Beck, Meridian, Idaho
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken
- in oil over medium heat for 6 minutes; drain. Stir in hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or
- until sauce is thickened and chicken juices run clear.
- Place lettuce on tortillas; drizzle with ranch dressing. Top with
- chicken mixture and blue cheese; roll up. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 wrap equals 273 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.