Spicy Barbecue Chicken Salad
I came up with this one-of-a-kind salad as a way to use left-over barbecued chicken. People who try it have a hard time figuring out what makes it so deliciously different!
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cubed cooked or barbecued chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons KC Masterpiece®
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Lettuce leaves or hard rolls, optional
- In a large bowl, toss chicken, celery, onion and relish. Combine
- mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, mustard and hot pepper sauce until well
- mixed. Stir in chicken mixture. Cover and chill until ready to
- serve. Serve on lettuce leaves or rolls if desired. Yield: 4-6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 280 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.