Spicy Asian Noodle Bowls
Thai peanut sauce has quite the kick in this bowl of spicy goodness. Serve with milk. You’ll be glad you did. —Alicia Vilbaum, Flagstaff, Arizona
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces thick rice noodles
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) whole baby corn, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Thai peanut sauce, divided
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat
- for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear. Add the water
- chestnuts, corn, peas, salt, basil and pepper; heat through. Stir in
- 1/4 cup peanut sauce. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Drain noodles; divide among four soup bowls. Drizzle each with 2
- tablespoons peanut sauce and toss to coat. Top with chicken mixture.
- Drizzle with remaining peanut sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 538 calories, 18 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,410 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 35 g protein.