"We have an apple-picking party every year," mentions Marian Platt of Sequim, Washington. "It's a bushel of fun, and I look forward to cooking a batch of this easy applesauce seasoned with cinnamon, cloves and allspice."
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 16 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Place all ingredients in a Dutch oven. Cover and cook over
- medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Remove from the heat; mash apples to desired consistency. Serve
- warm or cold. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 162 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fruit.