Spiced Sweet Potato Wedges
The recipe for these simply seasoned sweet potato wedges comes from a 1900's cookbook. It's proof that tried-and-true dishes never go out of style.Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into wedges
- In a small saucepan, combine preserves and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly
- thickened. Add the lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Place potatoes in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Brush half of the preserve mixture over potatoes.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until tender, basting
- occasionally with remaining preserve mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4 wedges equals 181 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.