Spiced Sausage Patties
You've never tasted sausage quite like this before! The secret to this special recipe from South Africa lies in the spices, which include coriander, cloves, allspice and nutmeg. I've been cooking for a while, and this is one of my favorite recipes.
15 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min.
- Crumble beef and pork into a large bowl. Combine the seasonings;
- sprinkle over meat. Add vinegar and mix well. Cover and refrigerate
- for 1 hour.
- Shape meat mixture into 2-1/2-in. patties. In a large skillet, cook
- patties over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a
- thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 194 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.