Miriam also shares this family-favorite snack recipe. "These pecans are a treat to munch on anytime and are very nice to serve when you have company," she assures.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 4 cups (about 1 pound) pecan halves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, lightly beat egg white. Add water; beat until frothy
- but not stiff. Add pecans; stir until well coated. Combine the
- sugar, cinnamon and salt. Sprinkle over pecans; toss to coat.
- Spread in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. greased baking pan. Bake at
- 250° for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1/3 cup equals 283 calories, 26 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.