Here is a treat enjoyed by people of all ages. Spiced pecans are nice to have on hand during the Christmas season - to serve as an appetizer or add to your cookie plate, or to give as gifts packaged in decorated jars or containers! I love making foods that will delight my family or guests.
18 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 pound large pecan halves
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon and salt; set aside. In
- a large bowl, lightly beat egg white. Add pecans; stir until coated.
- Sprinkle with sugar mixture; mix well.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 300° for 20
- minutes. Remove nuts from baking sheet to cool on waxed paper.
- Yield: about 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 198 calories, 18 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.