Spiced Pear Lettuce Salad
I like to serve this pretty salad in the fall. The colors are bright, the texture fresh and the flavors a delightful blend. It compliments roasted entrees and is good with grilled meats, too.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt
- 1 medium ripe pear, sliced
- 2-1/2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, orange juice, honey,
- cinnamon, allspice, ginger and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add pear slices; simmer 5-8
- minutes longer or just until pears are tender.
- Divide salad greens between two bowls; top with the tomato, onion,
- raisins and pear slices. Drizzle with warm dressing; serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 124 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 96 mg sodium,