This recipe is best made a week in advancethey really reach perfection at 10 days. Double or triple this zippy recipe...you won't regret it!Dean Schrock, Jacksonville, Florida
10-12 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 1 jar (7 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Drain olives, discarding juice; return olives to the jar. In a small
- bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over olives; cover and
- refrigerate for 3-10 days, turning jar daily. Drain before serving.
- Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 38 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.