Serve this drink over ice in summer or warmed in winter - it's always refreshing. If you have a cold, a warm mug of spiced lemonade will make you feel much better. And when you're feeling great, it'll quench a big thirst, too!
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 6 cups water, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 large lime, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, bring 4 cups water, sugar, cinnamon and cloves
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat; discard
- cinnamon and cloves. Cool.
- Pour into a large pitcher. Stir in lime, lemon, lemon juice and
- remaining water. Chill at least 1 hour. Serve in chilled glass over
- ice. Garnish with cinnamon stick if desired. Can also be served
- warm. Yield: about 2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 66 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.