Spiced Honey Pretzels
If your tastes run to sweet and spicy, you'll love Mary Lou Moon's zesty pretzels with a twist. The coating is so yummy, you won't need a fattening dip to enjoy them! "They're a great snack for munching, without feeling a bit guilty," writes the Beaverton, Oregon reader.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups thin pretzel sticks
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil; coat the foil
- with cooking spray. Place pretzels in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, butter, onion powder and chili
- powder. Pour over pretzels; toss to coat evenly. Spread into
- prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack,
- stirring gently several times to separate. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 98 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 487 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.