Spiced Date Oatmeal
You can prepare this hearty oatmeal in a hurry. And if you don't have dates available, try substituting raisins. Everyone will love this filling dish.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cups chopped dates
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Coconut, optional
- In a saucepan, bring apple juice to a boil. Stir in oats; cook 1
- minute. Remove from the heat; stir in dates, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with milk and sprinkle with
- coconut if desired. Yield: 2 servings
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 395 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 88 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 7 g protein.