Spiced Cranberry Sauce
While this cranberry sauce is simmering, the wonderful fragrance of the spices brings back happy memories of when my mother made it for the holidays. My husband and three sons are glad I’m carrying on her tradition!
8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, until the berries pop and mixture is
- thickened, about 30 minutes. Cool. Transfer to a serving bowl; cover
- and refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 191 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 38 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, trace protein.