A quick-and-easy, fall-flavored coffee made with instant granules. What's not to love about this special beverage? —Jill Garn, Charlotte, Michigan
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups water
- 5 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 4 whole cloves
- 5 teaspoons sugar
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, coffee granules, cinnamon
- stick and cloves. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat; cover and
- let stand for 5-8 minutes. Strain and discard spices. Stir in sugar
- until dissolved. Ladle into mugs. Serve with whipped topping if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (calculated without whipped topping) equals 46 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.