Spiced Cider Punch
“I’ve shared this recipe with many friends. It never wears out its welcome and is so easy to make! It’s also delicious warm.”
Charles Piatt - Little Rock, AR
13 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 quarts apple cider or juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 quart ginger ale, chilled
- In a Dutch oven, combine the sugar, 1 cup cider, cinnamon and
- allspice. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat; add orange juice concentrate and remaining
- cider. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, transfer to a punch bowl; stir in ginger ale.
- Yield: 13 servings (about 3 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 202 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.