Spiced Chicken Wings
Crispy and flavorful, these golden wings pack just the right amount of heat. Be prepared for recipe requests! —Jan Stawara, Howell, Michigan
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon each ground mustard, ginger and nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 whole chicken wings (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder,
- garlic salt, mustard, ginger, nutmeg, pepper, allspice and cayenne.
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Dip
- chicken in butter, then add chicken wings, a few at a time, to flour
- mixture and toss to coat.
- Arrange wings in a single layer in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x
- 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or
- until chicken juices run clear. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 4-6
- minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken wing equals 84 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 90 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.