Spiced Cereal Crunch
My mother gave me the recipe for this irresistible party pleaser. I receive compliments every time I serve it.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 2 cups each Wheat Chex, Rice Chex and Corn Chex
- 1-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine the cereals and nuts in a large roasting pan; set aside. In a
- large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup,
- cinnamon and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring
- occasionally. Boil and stir for 3 minutes.
- Pour over cereal mixture and stir to coat. Bake at 250° for 1
- hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread onto waxed paper. When cool,
- break apart and store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 264 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 295 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.