Spiced Bacon Twists
A sweet and savory rub makes these tasty twists of bacon deliciously different and worth the extra step to prepare. Cook a bit longer if you want them crispy. Glenda Evans Wittner - Joplin, MO
5 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 10 center-cut bacon strips
- Combine the first five ingredients; rub over bacon on both sides.
- Twist bacon; place on a rack in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until firm; bake longer if
- desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 bacon twists equals 75 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.