Spiced Apple-Grape Juice
Round out any brunch with this spiced apple drink. Seasoned with cinnamon, cloves and allspice, it will wrap your guests in a tempting aroma as it simmers. —Claire Beattie, Toronto, Ontario
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 4 cups white grape juice
- 3 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 12 whole cloves
- 8 whole allspice
- In a large saucepan, combine the grape juice, apple juice and water.
- Place the cinnamon, cloves and allspice on a double thickness of
- cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with string to form a
- bag. Add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 1-1/2 hours
- or until flavors are blended. Discard spice bag. Serve warm in mugs.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 121 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.