Spiced Ambrosia Punch
Inspired by the spices in Chai, I love this unique twist on basic spiced cider punch. It's so easy to make and everyone seems wonderfully surprised by the apricot and peach twist.Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 3-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 3 cups apricot nectar
- 1 cup peach nectar or additional apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 8 whole cloves
- Lemon or orange slices, optional
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Place the cinnamon, ginger, orange peel and cloves on a double
- thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with
- string to form a bag. Place bag in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Remove
- and discard spice bag. Garnish with fruit slices if desired. Yield:
- 10 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 115 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium,